New PMF83000 Series of Gen II Mass Air Flow Sensors
Posifa Technologies announces the next generation of its mass air flow sensors for use in respiratory care and other medical and instrumentation applications. The new PMF83000 series Gen II sensors are designed to provide an extra level of robustness against humidity, water condensation, and corrosive gases.
- Air flow control in ventilators, respirators, oxygen concentrators, nebulizers, anaesthesia delivery, and CPAP equipment
- Mass flow measurement in fuel cell control and environmental monitoring equipment
Key Reliability Features:
- A parylene coating over the entire PCB assembly — including the sensor die — provides additional protection against high humidity and trace amounts of corrosive gases.
- The devices feature a single, main flow path design, which prevents water condensation from interfering with sensor operation.
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- Excellent signal-to-noise performance and repeatability of 0.5 % F.S
- Measure flow rates from 15 SLM to 100 SLM
- Extremely fast response times of 5 ms typical
- Operating temperature range of -25 °C to +65 °C
- Provide both analog (voltage) and digital I²C outputs in the same package
- Supports bidirectional flow measurement
Designed to deliver reliable performance in harsh environments, the PMF83000 Gen II mass air flow sensors have been enhanced with a parylene coating over the entire PCB assembly — including the sensor die — for addition protection against high humidity and trace amounts of corrosive gases. The devices feature Posifa’s third-generation thermal flow die, benefiting from the latest innovations in microfabrication. The sensor die uses a pair of thermopiles to detect changes in temperature gradient caused by mass flow, delivering excellent signal-to-noise performance and repeatability of 0.5 % F.S.
Samples and production quantities of the PMF83000 Gen II mass air flow sensors are available now.