New PMF6000 Series Mass Air Flow Sensors
Posifa Technologies announces its new PMF6000 series of mass air flow sensors for use in bypass assemblies. Featuring a manifold-mount design, the devices reduce system size and increase reliability while allowing users to establish proprietary calibration values.
- Oxygen concentrators
- CPAP equipment
- Leak detection
- Mass flow controller
- Fuel cell control
- Environmental monitoring
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- Manifold-mount design
- Solid-state sensing core
- No moving parts
- Eliminates the need for a surface cavity or fragile membrane
- Resistant to clogging and pressure shock
- Feature Posifa’s third-generation thermal flow die
- Measure flow rates at 1000 sccm (PMF6102) and 6000 sccm (PFM6106)
- Extremely fast response times of 5 ms typical
- Excellent repeatability
- High accuracy of 4 % reading typical
- Compact, robust packaging
- Linear output and temperature compensation
- Long-term stability with minimal null drift
- Operating temperature range of -25 °C to +85 °C temperature range
The PMF6000 series sensors were developed specifically for users wanting the flexibility of designing their own flow body and restrictor element. The devices’ manifold-mount design eliminates the need for hoses and external connections, reducing the overall system size and the number of potential leak points.
By utilizing the linearized factory calibration provided by Posifa, users can create master calibration curves specific to their custom bypass design with minimal additional corrections in the production process. Unlike off-the-shelf solutions, PMF6000 series sensors provide users with a competitive edge by allowing them to perform their own calibration and maintain the values within the company.
Samples and production quantities of the PMF6000 mass air flow sensors are available now.