PAV3000 Series Air Velocity Sensors
The PAV3000 series of air velocity sensors features a digital I2C output and a surface-mount footprint for thermal management and filter monitoring in even the most space-constrained locations.
- Data center thermal management
- HVAC filter monitoring
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- Digital I2C output
- Compact, robust surface-mount package
- Solid-state sensing core
- No moving parts
- Eliminates the need for a surface cavity or fragile membrane
- Resistant to clogging and pressure shock
- Feature Posifa’s third-generation thermal flow die
- Measure air velocity at 7 m/s (PAV3005V) and 15 m/s (PAV3015V)
- Extremely fast response times of 125 ms typical
- Excellent repeatability of 1 % FS
- High accuracy of 5 % FS
- Supply voltage from 5 VDC to 5.5 VDC
- Supply current of 20 mA
- Operating temperature range of -25 °C to +85 °C temperature range
The PAV3000 series was designed as an economical high-performance air velocity sensor for thermal management and filter monitoring in even the most space-constrained locations. Unlike thermistor-based solutions, the Posifa MEMS sensor core is minimally affected by ambient temperature changes and provides instant real-time feedback on proper air flow at critical locations.
Air velocity data perfectly complements temperature information to provide the best insight into thermal efficiency. By identifying areas that require unusually high air flow to maintain stable temperatures, layouts for rack enclosures with air cooling — such as those found in data centers — can be modified to reduce cooling demands for increased energy savings. In applications such as HVAC systems, air velocity measurements can be used to determine when filters need to be replaced. This ensures hardware is adequately protected during heavy use, while allowing customers with light usage requirements to benefit from extended change intervals.
Samples and production quantities of the PAV3000 series air velocity sensors are available now.