PAV1000 Series Air Velocity Sensors
- Data center thermal management
- HVAC VAV damper control
- HVAC filter monitoring
Key Specifications and Benefits:
- Solid-state sensing core
- No moving parts
- Eliminates the need for a surface cavity or fragile membrane
- Resistant to clogging and pressure shock
- Feature Posifa’s third-generation thermal flow die
- Measure air velocity at 7 m/s (PAV1005V) and 15 m/s (PAV1015V)
- Extremely fast response times of 125 ms typical
- Excellent repeatability of 1 % FS
- High accuracy of 5 % FS
- Compact packaging
- Output voltage range from 0 VDC to 4.5 VDC
- Supply voltage from 5 VDC to 5.5 VDC
- Supply current of 20 mA
- Operating temperature range of> -25 °C to +85 °C temperature range
The PAV1000 series was designed as an economical, high-performance air velocity sensor for thermal management and filter monitoring in even the most space-constrained locations, such as rack enclosures with air cooling in data centers. Unlike thermistor-based solutions, the Posifa MEMS sensor core is minimally affected by ambient temperature changes and provides instant real-time feedback on proper air flow at critical locations.
Air velocity data perfectly complements temperature information to provide the best insight into thermal efficiency. By identifying areas that require unusually high air flow to maintain stable temperatures, layouts can be modified to reduce cooling demands for increased energy savings. In HVAC applications, air velocity measurements can be used to determine when filters need to be replaced. This ensures hardware is adequately protected during heavy use, while allowing customers with light usage requirements to benefit from extended change intervals.
Samples and production quantities of the PAV1000 series air velocity sensors are available now.